DSM Special Events and Announcements Media Contact:
Adams Communications Public Relations
DSM Contact: Kate Finley
Director of Development
(February 18, 2014 – Dallas, TX) Slated for Friday, May 2nd, Curtain Call Broadway Bound! will take place at the Music Hall at Fair Park, chaired by Holly and Brad Reeves with honorary chairs Paddy and Barry Epstein. As DSM’s premier fundraiser of the year, Curtain Call is an exciting evening of gourmet delights, inspiration and entertainment!
The evening begins as patrons and sponsors enter the Music Hall strolling along the red carpet and are greeted with fanciful and over-the-top decorations corresponding with the event’s theme. Guests enjoy the VIP cocktail reception and silent auction followed by a gourmet seated dinner prepared by M Dining at the Music Hall.
Following dinner, everyone enters the theatre for a live auction and private concert featuring award winning Broadway performer Vivian Reed and performances from the 3rd Annual High School Musical Theatre Award winners Best Actor and Best Actress before they begin their journey to New York and the national competition, the Jimmy Nederlander Awards. The show also features the Best Musical Award winners, all in musical vignettes arranged by Michael Moricz and choreographed by Michael Tapley, two of Broadway’s best! Join us for a spectacular performance by the future stars of Broadway!
Proceeds support Dallas Summer Musicals’ mission to bring the Best of Broadway to Dallas and provide for children’s education and outreach programs. Sponsors’ support will bring the magic of musical theater to so many children who otherwise would never experience it — magic created through programs such as DSM High School Musical Theatre Awards, Seats for Kids, DSM Academy of Performing Arts, Kid’s Club and Stage Right.
Dallas Summer Musicals season sponsors are American Airlines, Dallas Morning News, WFAA Channel 8 and Texas Instruments. DSM Season partners are The Original Cupcakery and The Frontiers of Flight Museum.
Curtain Call sponsors are Modern Luxury Dallas, Park Cities News/The Waters Family; Kick-Off party sponsor, SĒR Steak + Spirits; Invitations sponsor, Dallas Southwest Osteopathic Physicians.
Sponsorships and underwriting available starting at $2,500. Individual gala event tickets are $350 each and include all event benefits: Cocktail reception, gourmet dinner and concert. An Entertainment ticket is available for $50 for the concert only, including balcony seating and two drink tickets. All Curtain Call underwriting opportunities and benefits are available through the web site at: http://www.curtaincallgala.org
For additional information, contact the Development Office at DSM, 214-413-3957214-413-3957 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Dallas Summer Musicals
Dallas Summer Musicals (DSM) is the preeminent nonprofit presenter of Broadway theatre in North Texas. DSM produces, presents and promotes excellence in live musical theatre with year-round performances for diverse audiences of all ages, impacting the lives of children and families through community outreach and education and enriching the cultural landscape of Dallas/Fort Worth, North Texas and the Southwest Region. Visit the website at www.dallassummermusicals.org
- DSM High School Musical Theatre Awards: Patterned after Broadway’s Tony Awards®, the event celebrates the power of the Arts to significantly improve all areas of education. Show business veterans and community celebrities come together to spotlight the achievements of high school students and their school’s musical theatre programs. DSM awards scholarships to a number of outstanding and deserving participants. Students are nominated by their teachers and judged by a separate scholarship committee.
- DSM Academy of Performing Arts: The first component of Dallas Summer Musicals’ outreach initiatives, DSM Academy of Performing Arts, extends the legacy of former DSM Managing Director Tom Hughes’ vision, to create the broadest possible avenue for dramatic expression within our community. In 1999, the DSM Academy of Performing Arts was established to provide training for students ages 7 – adult, as well as continuing education for adults in theater arts. Professional instruction helps students integrate the disciplines of singing, dancing, and acting into the unique genre of musical theater. To ensure access and availability, the school offers limited scholarships to promising students with limited financial resources. Instruction includes classes, workshops and performance. When possible, workshops are provided by cast members of productions playing at Dallas Summer Musicals.
- Seats for Kids: Created in 2003 to provide a meaningful theater arts experience to low-income, at-risk and special needs children, Seats for Kids serves approximately 2,000 children each year. Nonprofit youth agencies and Title 1 schools are eligible to participate in the program. DSM provides children, their teachers and chaperones with free tickets as well as a professionally drafted study guide to support attending the performance.
- Kids Club: This free membership program for kids was created to develop tomorrow’s musical theater audience. Through exciting activities, special events, backstage tours and informational exchanges about shows included in the Kids Club membership, children gain an interest, knowledge and appreciation of the performing arts.
- Stage Right: In 2005, the Stage Right program to introduce at-risk youth ages 12-15 to arts and cultural events, was created in partnership with the Dallas Police Department. Together, DSM and DPD are “Raising the curtain for education and spotlighting the appreciation of the arts through experience and positive quality lifestyles.” The students entering the program are recommended by Dallas area teachers and counselors and other youth programs including Boys & Girls Clubs, Girls Inc. and Dallas Recreation Centers as part of their ongoing efforts to keep students from joining gangs, getting involved in drugs and crime, or engaging in other activities that prevent their enjoying success in school. Stage Right, with educational support from the Phoenix House, seeks to raise awareness of the arts, increase appreciation for different lifestyles and also increase self-esteem.
The public can play a part in bringing the Best of Broadway
to the young people in our community!
Charitable contributions are vital to the sustainability of these initiatives at Dallas Summer Musicals. Please assist DSM in its mission to build awareness for the enjoyment and educational values of musical theater as it does so through its ongoing outreach programs.
For more information including sponsorships, booking or program details, please contact the DSM Development Department at 214.413.3957214.413.3957 or email@example.com